Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Knitted Cowl for Winter

I knitted up this cowl for Sarah for Wellington's winter.
I used a ply of 8ply pure wool and a single ply of silk. The pattern is a leaf design by Emily Kausalik and I got it from Ravelry (this is a free site to join, and some of the patterns are free - such a great range!). The cowl still needs to be blocked (it was a last minute birthday present for Sarah) and I made it longer than Emily's instructions. Ideally I would have liked it to be a little longer for the over-the-head use (but I was running out of wool):
If it gets a little baggy around the neck you can use a lovely clasp to secure it tighter.
I really liked the design and will probably make another one using wool and alpaca plied together.

No comments: