Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Been a Great Day!

My health for the past month has been pretty tenuous, but I'm now starting to get my energy back, thanks to a new course of medication. So, this morning the dog was lucky enough to go on a short walk with me and I managed to process the last of the feijoas. Here are the 5 (only) jars of Feijoa Relish:
Later in the day I started one of the burning piles of tree branches, weeds, etc. I have had waiting for a windless day and clearing the area around the compost heap ready for planting potatoes. Monday is winter solstice (Maori Matariki) and I want to grow some Maori potatoes - they are smaller than commercial varieties with black/purple skins.  Apparently they are beautiful boiled whole in their skins and served with butter.
Anyway, look what I found under some sticks in the burn-off - aren't they a gorgeous colour and so delicate:

1 comment:

the enchanted maiden said...

yum yum yum! excellent work on the relish :-) and I'm so glad that you're feeling better, I hope it continues! chloe must have been so happy. the fungi look beautiful, will they dry out at all?