Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year to You All!

Well, I've have a productive day today - cleaned and sorted out the laundry (yes, I know, it's one of the smallest rooms, but at least it's done and dusted, so to speak!). Finished the quilting on the zig-zag quilt, which has taken FAR TOO LONG to do - mostly because I got bored with it. Now just have to trim it and sew on the binding (yippee!). Also quilted a block for the sewing group charity quilt we are working on.
This evening, Derrick and I took Chloe for a walk along the Manawatu River. We walked along the Bridle Path by the Esplanade. Here's a lovely close-up of a fern - great designs on the leaves for quilting, and you can see the stomata in each cell:
Now in this photo, I asked Chloe to pose for me - new tree stump, light reflecting off the river and setting sun behind the trees:

1 comment:

the enchanted maiden said...

I LOVE this photo! beautiful.