Sunday, March 27, 2011

Can a Quilter Have Too Much Fabric?

Yes, sad to say - I think so. At the beginning of the year I made a decision to not buy any fabric until my stash is significantly whittled down - well I haven't, really - OK just 2 small pieces about 1/4 metre. AND, they were for something specific which I didn't have anything similar or could paint.
I have been sorting this weekend as well as making neonate quilts with leftover blocks. I have also made the decision to give away (so it becomes someone else's problem) some blocks from a class I did years ago. It just wasn't making me enthusiastic any more, so perhaps another person can make something of it!
I have also put fabrics onto Trademe  (seller's name is Commuter) because I'm not going to make the quilt I bought it for.
This is an example:
Oriental fat quarters
backing fabric - 5m
Just as well it has been a wet weekend :-)
I have also made some Indian chutney from Mrs Beeton's Jams, Pickles & Preserves recipe book. The base ingredient is apples (of which I still have plenty). 1kg of apples is only about 6, so I doubled the recipe and titivated it a little. Plenty to give away now.

No comments: