Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Table Runner

This was made from leftovers from a quilt that is waiting to be quilted - it's very big so I need to use a long-arm machine to do this. Very Parisian chic colours I think. Anyway, the pattern is by Judy Gray in Country Favourites No. 2 magazine, a 2007 edition. I think it should have been finished a day earlier, after all, the cutting out took longer than the piecing. I found that the instructions for finishing were not very good and had to have some help in figuring it out - if I was to make another one, I would add another border which extends past the prairie points and the binding would be so much easier to do. As it was, I bored myself silly fiddling around with it and I was distracted to do other things [sigh] I'm supposed to be finishing things not leaving them until later!
Measures 37.5 inches x 21 inches (95cm x 53cm). I used bamboo/cotton mix batting.
Here is a close up of the quilting:The pattern said stitch-in-the-ditch, but I can't see the point in that. This is simply stitched 1/4 inch either side of the seam line and I used both rayon and cotton thread through the needle at the same time, giving it a little bit more definition. Of course, wavy feathers in the outside border.

No comments: