Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Bus Trip to Wellington

Today I joined 47 other Rose City Quilters members for a bus trip to Wellington to see 2 quilt shows. One was at Upper Hutt for Pinestream Quilters, and the other was in Kilbirnie, for the Wellington Quilters Guild 20th anniversary Under covers.
We had a lovely day - no worries about parking, driving, the rain on the way down and the wind on the way back!
Here is a close up of the quilting design on a wool quilt (quilt pattern is Amish Square in a Square):
Aotearoa Amish by Fyvie Murray
Plus, this quilt, I really loved the simplicity of colour and design:
Strata III by Debra DeLorenzo
Here is a close inspection of the coloured strip and the surrounding blocks:
I also love the straight line quilting - very effective.
Great day!

1 comment:

tizart said...

It sure was a great day! I really enjoyed myself. Thank you! Camp Leader