Friday, July 3, 2009

Since I've Been Home ....

from my overseas experience I have been busy (oh no, not doing the housework or gardening - remember it is winter and cold outside!), BUT I have made some yummy feijoa jam, feijoa sauce and tamarillo relish. There are still heaps more tamarillos, so I'll just have to prepare them for freezing, mmm, perhaps make a batch of jam, too.


I also made, from scratch, a quilt for a competition (Made in New Zealand II) run by New Zealand Quilter magazine. Anne Scott, editor, is taking 45 quilts to France this year for a show - well I couldn't NOT try to have something accepted now, could I? But, would you believe it, I was in such a rush to finish it and get it to Wellington last weekend, that I didn't even take a photo of it!
Still waiting to hear whether it has been accepted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I know why I don't look on your blog very often - I'm now SICK with envy about your tamarillo
produce. My pathetic trees may NEVER give fruit in this stupid country. Even if I had a heated greenhouse, one of 'em is very tall and leggy and wouldn't fit!

Erilyn said...

Darn! what a pity I can't even send you some produce! The relish is so yummy with everything. Haven't really tried the jam :-)