Saturday, December 31, 2011

At Last Some Sewing!

Thank goodness, I can put some pieces together to finish off the year.
We had beignets for breakfast this morning - it was a packet mix brought back from the States a wee while ago, so time they were made up and eaten - I think I may have had the oil a bit hot, but they were great with a cafe au lait
The weather was wet and windy (what a way to finish off 2011) and a let down after 9 days of sun and heat, just like we used to get when we were kids! But, a great day to get on to some sewing for a S.I.X. challenge.
We each had to make 6 blocks measuring 10 inches. No theme, they could be the same or different, and they were to be quilted. Each member of the S.I.X. group was given a block and then it had to be made into a quilt measuring 20 inches square. So we could cut up the original block if we wanted or just add blocks to get the required measurement.
This is the block I received from Rhonda:
The fabric has been coloured with distressed ink, then painted, inked and embossed grunge paper cut into cogs stitched on the surface.
Here are my three blocks:
colour wheel stitched with sunburst thread into a vortex
background - still needs to be embellished
picture printed on to fabric, hand and machine stitching
Rhonda's label had a clock face, the Eiffel Tower and the words take time printed on it. Can you guess what my blocks are going to part of?
I am going to stitch a casing on to join them altogether, then finish with the embellishments.
Watch this space! :-)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Happy New Year to you and your family.
Love your work, made me feel inspired so will be sewing later me thinks.
Best wishes Ruth