Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

and peace to you and yours!
Often I make hand crafted or food to give at Christmas. This year I wasn't very organised to make kitchen gifts, but I have been blessed to receive some already from friends - how lucky I am! something to look forward to using in the weeks ahead.
I just wanted to share a photo of the Christmas cake this year:
It is a classic fruit cake but the topping is cherries, nuts and dried apricots (the black pieces). I mixed it with golden syrup and spread it over the cake 30 minutes before it was finished baking. It has been doused with whisky since coming out of the oven this week.
Today I made a German stollen - a fruit bread with an almond paste filling, topped with rum icing and roasted almonds - yummy!
The family are making a few things tonight so that we can relax and enjoy tomorrow.

Blessings to you all!

No comments: