Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rangitikei Country Quilters Show

Yesterday some of my sewing group went to Marton to the enjoy the local quilt show. There were heaps of people and the Club were using a new venue (much better than previous years). The weather was absolutely ideal with no wind or rain, whereas visitors were reporting torrential rain and flooded rivers.
I managed to spend one of my vouchers which I won at Tote & Gloat, so will use the product and show you soon.
I took a couple of photos of quilts to share.
This one was one of many using the same block, but in different colourways:
Here is my Viewer's Choice nomination:
just love the colours and shapes, and lots of quilting! Mmmmm! may have to think about doing something like this :-)
There was also a Twelve Days of Christmas quilt made from a commercial Australian pattern, which I thought was very well made with a great choice of colours and fabrics - sorry no photo :-(
The guest exhibitor was Anna Williams (a Club member), who has a wide variety and exquisite work. They also had the NZ Quilter Suitcase exhibition quilts, and the NZ Hoffman Challenge quilts. Plus, a lovely mix of merchants.
All in all, we had a terrific few hours.

1 comment:

Lynette (NZ) said...

That would have been my viewer's choice nomination too...but I forgot to vote! Wonder what you bought....I got more spray :-)