Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Playing With The New Art Goodies

Here is what I bought with one of my vouchers on Saturday at the Rangitikei Quilt Show (from Creative Craft Supplies in Wellington):
Some Moon Shadow Mist and 2 embroidery threads. I'll use the threads in threadplay and/or some quilting highlights, and I have sprayed some calico with the Moon Shadow Mist:
The colour I bought is Incandescent Copper, which I though would be good to use on a variety of fabrics (like over-painting). This sample I did today is a bit blotchy and I didn't know whether the fabric had to be dry or damp. Next time I'll try a piece that is damp, just to see if it blends better.

OK, I tried another piece that was initially damp and it has turned out quite different. I have have now over-sprayed the above piece with water, so fingers crossed that it works OK. I'm guessing that I will have to heat set it.

No comments: