Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Quilt Finished - Feathers & Fans

I decided to get the quilting on this one finished, even though it's not needed until next year, so that it could be on display at the recent Rose City Quilter's Celebration of Quilts Show. It started from off-cuts from my friend, Pam's quilt, I added the cream and then she gave all the leftover pieces. Nothing was left. It is not really my colours, but I kind of like it and it is for a significant birthday next year.  I hope the person really likes it.
I loved doing the quilting. I don't normally do machine quilting with stopping and starting, but I think that the blocks called for something individual.
It's called Feathers and Fans and measures 54.5" x 60.5" (138.5cm x 154cm).

1 comment:

the enchanted maiden said...

just so lovely! from what I can see the fan quilting looks so beautiful. well done on finishing another outstanding quilt!!