Friday, August 20, 2010

Nineth Set of Pieces for Exhibition

It wouldn't be Alice's Wonderland without a toadstool, and although I don't have the Fly Agaric growing in my garden, I couldn't resist doing something along those lines.
So, here we have it's cap: I used Pebeo Setacolor paint and tried to use some circles as a resist, but the sunlight wasn't strong enough. Anyway, out with the gesso after quilting, to add some texture.

Next are the gills: I had never made chenille before so here we are. The stitching lines probably need to be closer but I used my new Bosch cordless rotary cutter to cut the fabric and wanted to make sure there was enough gap to place the cutter.

Now we have a partial view of the complete toadstool, plus 'skirt':

All three pieces together =

No comments: