Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Barb's Block for the S.I.X. Challenge

I have just about finished the edging for S.I.X. challenge number four - Cheryl's block - just having to do a bit of hand stitching.
This is Barb's block, which I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I was quite down (lack of creativity and commitment) and I think it was the white background.
Now, Barb loves the brights, so I thought that I would honour that, even if I have to really hunt for something suitable in my stash. That being the case, changing the background colour was probably not an option.

I thought about cutting it up.

But one day, I spied the wonderful collection of bright colours in a box lid of used (cleaned) stamps.

An aha! moment!

I have 'made' some fabric for 2 blocks, which leaves only a small search for suitable fabric for one block!
One a white background I stuck, using matte Mod Podge a whole range of New Zealand stamps - old ones and new ones, some collections are together, but mostly I arranged them by size - not colour. If you brush the Mod Podge over the stamps, the paper is quite flexible and can be easily stitched without tearing.
Check back here tomorrow to see one of the blocks I have made with my stamp fabric.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I love this stamp fabric! The colors are fabulous! What a great idea -