Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On To Number Three

I have little dilemma here, because I have started a block on 2 of the challenges, but I think I will go with working on Sue's challenge. This is the block she gave me - she has made the fabric with paper and paint:
It is Egyptian art. Derrick and I visited Egypt (very briefly, as it was June and therefore low tourist season because of the heat!) in 2009, so Sue figured I would really appreciate this piece of work - and I love it! I have decided to go with a primitive art theme. Initially I was going to do cave paintings, but have decided to do each block from a different culture.
This is my first one which I drew onto fabric with the artists pastels. I wasn't sure how well it would work, but they aren't greasy and it seems to stick OK to the fabric, and after all it isn't going to get washed.
Just a bit of hand stitching for the quilting (this has taken a few hours though) - I didn't want to do interfere with the 'art' too much and I will probably fill in around the outside with machine quilting.

1 comment:

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love what you are doing with these challenges. Your drawing and hand stitching details are beautiful.