Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Second S.I.X. Challenge

I know that some days it's going to be hard doing something creatively - the lawns will call, a day at the beach, the latest novel I've almost finished - but I am trying to be in the zone!
The 2nd of the S.I.X. challenges that I'm working on is Dianne's block. Here she has done an easy reverse applique which she was teaching in a class:
I've decided to stick with the black/white backgrounds. My first block has been simply worked. I cut up a quilt I made for a Rose City Quilters challenge.  I was pretty depressed at the time and have never really liked it. So I have unpicked and reused some fabric, and have cut up the background to reuse here:
I then cut out a koru and used some copper Glimmermist to spray the design on top. Hand worked the chain stitch around the outside of the shape to give more definition.
The other 2 blocks will have a plain black and plain white background.
More to come!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Its lovely, looking forward to seeing the next stage! :)